What is Sparkle Vinyl Fabric?
When it comes to decorating your house, you need a material that is so versatile that you can use it on almost anything. That is where vinyl comes into play. By itself, a vinyl polymer can be transformed into so many types of textures and different weights, making it the perfect material for house decorating. The options available are abundant! From plain vinyl coated fabric to sparkle vinyl fabric for extra sassiness!
Buying sparkle vinyl fabric online
Staying at home is not a problem. It is the perfect time to catch up on some house projects you have been postponing. Instead of wasting time and risking yourself by going out, we recommend you shop for sparkle vinyl fabric online. Just Google the keywords and you will see tons of results!
This should come as no surprise because there are hundreds of vinyl fabric manufacturers worldwide. Each offers its own specialties. You can choose a manufacturer that specializes in sparkle vinyl fabric or those who produce all kinds of vinyl fabric. Whichever company you choose, there is one thing you need to pay attention to. How responsible are they as a manufacturing company?
This is important because you do not want to end up with toxic vinyl fabric. Unfortunately, since vinyl is a plastic material, some naughty companies will secretly use toxic materials throughout their manufacturing process for cheaper production. Therefore, choosing your seller wisely is highly recommended.
When buying sparkle vinyl fabric online, make sure you get the right color and sparkle from the photos provided by the sellers. Do not just use color coding, ask to see the sample photos to make sure you get the product you want. Another thing that buyers often forget is how vinyl fabric can be either soft or stiff. You cannot tell from the pictures. Good sellers should explain this, including its thickness and texture. If they don’t, you can always ask.
In case you accidentally bought sparkle vinyl fabric that is too soft or too stiff to your liking, fret not! You can adjust the softness or stiffness yourself at home.
Stiff vs. Soft
Before we get into details on how to make your sparkle vinyl fabric stiff or soft, here are some things you need to know. Some fabrics are designed to be as soft or as stiff. Softer fabric is better for smaller projects, like making a costume or raincoat. While stiffer one serves its purpose as a durable tablecloth or shower curtain. Some fabrics are even stiffer as they are designed as outdoor exteriors or furnishing upholsteries. So, before you do anything, make sure you are not trying to make a drastic change, otherwise, you will end up with a damaged fabric.
How to make sparkle vinyl fabric stiff
Stiffer fabric is easier to mold and craft. If you feel like your sparkle vinyl fabric is too soft, follow these easy steps to make it stiffer:
- Prepare the tools. You will need fabric glue and a paintbrush.
- Lay the fabric on a flat surface. Make sure the sparkly side is facing down on the surface and the non-sparkly side is facing up. The latter is the side you are going to work on.
- Prepare the fabric glue. Some require mixing with water or other solutions before applying it onto the fabric. You can also use a fabric stiffener, whichever available at the nearest store.
- Using a paintbrush, apply the fabric glue or fabric stiffener on the side of the fabric that is facing up. Make sure to apply them thinly.
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat step 4 until your sparkle vinyl fabric reaches the level of stiffness you require.
Tip: Let the fabric dry naturally at room temperature. Do not put it under direct sunlight.
How to make sparkle vinyl fabric soft
Soften fabric is great for clothing, handbags, and other textile products. The synthetic quality makes a great alternative to leather. However, just like any synthetic material, the vinyl fabric can get stiffer over time. Whether it is because of aging or a not-so-successful online purchase, there is an easy way to make your sparkle vinyl fabric softer. Let’s take a look!
- Prepare the tools. You will need liquid dish soap, soft brush, clean cloths, lukewarm water, and a vinyl conditioner.
- Clean your vinyl fabric. Prepare a bowl of lukewarm water and mix in a little bit of dish soap with a ratio of 9 to 1. Dip the soft brush in the bowl and use it to clean your fabric, both sides if possible.
- Wipe the vinyl fabric clean using a clean damp cloth. If you’re applying this on old vinyl fabric, repeat steps 2 and 3 until the fabric is clean and shiny.
- Rinse the fabric clean then dry it with another clean cloth.
- Prepare another clean cloth. Apply the vinyl conditioner on the dry surface using the clean cloth.
- Do this regularly to keep your sparkle vinyl fabric soft all the time!
Tip: Avoid using acidic dish soap such as lime and lemon. The acid may bleach the fabric and take away the sparkles.
Sparkle vinyl fabric can be a great addition to your home decoration, both interior, and exterior. With the right texture, you can use vinyl on anything, including chairs, tablecloths, and curtains. You can also wear vinyl on the go, as it is a great material for raincoats and boots. Now that you know the tricks to make the vinyl fabric softer or stiffer, you can worry less about getting the right product online. That being said, it will not hurt to be more careful and thorough. Are you ready to pick your project’s perfect match?